Decentral Content Distribution
There are several ways to distribute your files using Phex.
- The first way is Decentral Content Subscription, where users download a special Phex version, which regularly (i.e. once every 12 hours) checks a magma-list on your site for new content. This is similar to RSS Feeds, but the downloads are accomplished decentrally using magnet-links.
- The simplest way is to add magnet-links or Magma-lists to your website, which Users can respectively click or open in Phex, after which Phex shows a dialog asking the User if he/she wants to download the file/files.
- A more advanced way is backing the magnet-links with server-side scripts. An example which you can use (licensed under the GPL) can be found on the site Freebase.
- The most advanced way is creating a specialized Phex which connects your users to your own private network, where your users can search for files you or they share, while others can't intrude that easily (without having your program).
- Arne 21:53, 6 June 2006 (CEST)